Last week Andy Laken asked me if there was a way to aggregate only select bookmarks from a group of users that would prevent an “unauthorized” user from posting a bookmark to the pool. The aggregated bookmars would then be published ona website. After a little bit of thinking and some exploration while on the phone, we figured it out. Here is a quick and dirty recipe for creating a group bookmark feed from delicious.
- Get everyone delicious accounts
- Create and account for your organization
- Decide on a tag that you will use for all bookmarks you want to share (eg “civicactions”)
- Login with your organization account
- Click on subscriptions (in the horizontal nav below your user name)
- Click on “Add a subscription” link under the search box on the right hand side
- Enter the tag you decided on in step 3 above
- check the box “From a specific user” and enter the user name for the person you want to subscribe to.
- repeat this last step for each person.